Thursday, May 7, 2015

Examining Gender, Race and Body Image in a Virtual World

Below are screen shots of my avatar socializing in several virtual worlds.  As I changed my Avatar, I noticed a slight difference in who was willing to talk to me. When I was a guy Avatar, and approached several women, some instantly teleported away from me before I even got to take a screen shot! I didn't even get a chance to say hello!


Everybody seemed friendly and wanted to talk to me as a monster. I was surprised.




Then I changed in to a woman avatar.


This girl didn't want to talk to me, she just showed me her AX!



This girl talked to me, she was very nice.



Then I changed to a dude Avatar...


I didn't get too much of a response...



This girl was pleasant. I liked her




My original, Demon avatar. People loved me and talked to me all the time!





Some people teleported away from me instantly as I attempted to say hello. I was slightly offended.

No comments:

Post a Comment