Thursday, April 9, 2015

Class 10: The Education Grid.

Here is the opening page of the Immersive Grid Homepage. You have to be a member of the IE Initiative to view everything, but you can learn all about the history, legal stuff, security , broad access, etc if you click that link on the bottom.

As far as opening pages go...this isn't the most exciting one I've ever seen 

Here is the page about the history of the IE Initiative, and the legal liability of what people can and cannot do, share, post.


When reading some of the related articles below, I was shocked to see an article about avatar rape. I couldn't believe it. I read the article and it was about people getting harassed and actually attacked in virtual worlds. It was very disturbing. I think people were actually contacted by the authorities and possibly brought up on charges. I couldn't even comprehend who would do something like that. 



This is about a past Immersive education Summit that was held on Boston a few years ago. This years ID Summit will be held in Paris, France. Ooh, lala. I actually went to this summit because at the time, I was taking a Web 2.0 class at the Woods School. We were granted access if we showed our BC id. It was very fun time.


Here is a virtual iED event launch. People from all over the world are meeting in this virtual world to attend and probably learn about the latest and greatest in virtual teaching and education.


The last thing I read was another article that blew my mind. People are actually having legal battles about virtual plots of land. This is some serious stuff. I know that people pay for access, and probably plots of virtual land, but how can it really come to this?!? I was done reading after this article. I needed to get back to MY reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment