Thursday, April 9, 2015

Class 10 Second life SANDBOXES

Below are screen shots of my avatar building shapes and sculptures in Second life. It was very difficult to find a true sandbox that would actually let you build anything, or wasn't inappropriate.

This was the first world I entered. It had rules right up front, which I liked, but it wouldn't let me step out on to that grassy plane ahead and create anything. It had to be in this small courtyard. No thanks.

Here I found a nice open piece of land near a street, but again, the owner wouldn't allow me to build anything here. :-( Stupid landowner.


Here's an elevated plane i found this nice house and lawn to build on. I began to build stuff, then Second life crashed. It crashed several times on me today. I hope it doesn't during class

Here's a sandbox called Techlab. I am choosing the size of my cylinder object.

Here, I am deciding which texture to use to put on my cylinder object

Here I am creating a sculpture. It really is a piece of art. I placed a sphere in top of a cylinder.


Here is another world called Techlab sandbox. I am creating a rectangular structure.I will add texture next. and possibly an adjoining structure

Here I added a similar rectangular structure, but added an iron grid texture to it. This made it all see through, and metal bars. I liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment